Home › Forum › Membership Support › is .exe files are safe to download.
is .exe files are safe to download.
- This topic has 3 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 2 years, 8 months ago by Support Team.
June 11, 2020 at 4:28 PM #254763Anupam GuptaParticipant@anupamPost count: 1
hi i am worried about the .exe files to run on my pc, not sure if the products on this website are checked for viruses and safe to extract the downloaded files?June 11, 2020 at 5:06 PM #254764AngelaModerator@CDDivaPost count: 232
I hear ya Anupam, but not just this site, I worry about those files every time.
Basically they are either run files, or a small app or software that does smaller tasks.
An example is Site Builder software, which is really just a little software app you imput name and other particulars about the website you want to build, and it creates a basic website for you, with books, videos, articles, whatever the theme is supposed to be.
I think generally these are safe, but of course you need to trust the developers of said products.
AND of course, having a great virus and malware program that will scan these things as you download, and then again when it installs, is the best security.
Don’t rely on whether others have virus scanned for you, because even a clean file can become corrupt in transport or download.
Plan Your Life In Color!June 15, 2020 at 12:58 PM #254838Joey JayParticipant@joeyjayPost count: 19
One of the tools I always use when checking files is a site called Virus Total. This site will run your file against 75 of the top virus checker engines including ones such as Norton, Kaspersky, Avast, BitDefender, TrendMicro, McAffee, AVG, etc…
If interested, you can visit their website at https://www.virustotal.com
Of course, I also scan files using my locally installed virus checkers. When it comes to the security and safety of my PCs, I can never be too careful, and from the sounds of it, I am sure you feel the same way.
PLR Database is massive. It's easy to get overwhelmed and start feeling a bit lost.
If you find yourself getting overwhelmed or feeling lost -- STOP PANICKING!
It's not that bad. Follow the steps below to make the most of your membership.
1. Slow down, maybe even STOP and take a breath (or two or twelve)
2. Click on the "Academy" button at the top of all pages. [ RECOMMENDED ]
3. Check out some of the articles and/or videos that you will find on that page.
4. Figure out exactly what type of items you're looking for or the niche your trying to conquer.
5. Use the "Search" bar (top left of all pages) to attempt to locate whatever you're looking for.
Still can't figure something out or find whatever it is that you're looking for?
1. Do NOT contact the support team.
2. Let them continue working on finding and adding new items to the database.
3. Instead, post your question on the forum and you'll find many members will help you out.June 25, 2020 at 2:48 AM #255080Support TeamKeymaster@plrdatabasesupportPost count: 136
I understand your concern. Any software or plugin that has been listed do go through a virus and malware test before being added to the marketplace.
With a lot of software or plugins listed at PLR Database, some antivirus software can be overprotective/sensitive, causing them to be flagged as suspicious.
We can guarantee that all software and plugins that have been listed do go through a virus and malware test on our end before adding them to the marketplace.
One way to stop this is when you download or install any of our software, you will need to turn off your antivirus software for that moment. It’s up to you if you wish to proceed, but as we mentioned, you have nothing to worry about because we have tested them all thoroughly.
Also note, with any plugin or software, we don’t offer support as we didn’t create these products but you can report any software or plugins that don’t work so we can take a look into these.
I hope this has helped answer your question and if you have any further questions, just let me know as I’ll be happy to help you out.
We're here to help. You can also contact our support team here: https://www.plrdatabase.net/support
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.